Monday, August 15, 2011

Week #2 - Here we go!

I'm excited for a new week and a replenished grocery fund!!!  I've never been so excited to go to the bank =)

Backing up a bit - I listed at the beginning of this all that one of my big goals is to not waste food.  So to start this week, I went through everything I had leftover from last week.  Here's what I've got.
  • Most of a Red and Green Bell Pepper
  • 5 Potatoes
  • 2 Onions
  • Almost a whole bag of Noodles
  • Almost a whole bag of Rice
  • 8 chicken breasts!!!
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • Butter
  • 4 eggs
  • Almost 8 ounces of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
That's a LOT to work with!!!

Then I went searching on some websites that help you get ideas of recipes based on the ingredients you already have.  Here's a few of them:

Recipe Matchmaker
SuperCook
RecipeKey

To be honest, I've never found any recipes I love from these sights, but they always get my mind to thinking.  Here's what I've got planned for the week.

Monday - Goulash & Peas
Tuesday - Chicken Fried Rice (yep, I liked it so much last week, I'm doing it again this week...plus I want to use those eggs before they go bad!)
Wednesday - Enchiladas w/ Corn & Black Bean Salsa
Thursday - Leftover enchiladas (they're actually better the 2nd day!)
Friday - nada =) **
Saturday - Lemon Pepper Chicken, Potatoes, and a veggie
Sunday - Stir Fry

(**We've got a bit of a funny week here where Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights I only have to feed one adult.  Friday night I don't have to feed ANYONE - love these kind of weeks because it helps the ol' grocery budget)

Kinley's meals - Not much is changing here.  I do need to pick up a few things for her though - Bananas, Avocados, Peaches, Mango, Zucchini, and we're trying yogurt this week too.

So I'm SUPER excited to tell you that so far my total expenses on groceries to make all these meals (as well as feed us for breakfasts and lunches) is $22.92!!!  VICTORY =P

Here's my small but sufficient loot = ) 

Between the items above, what I purchased last week, and a few other things from my pantry I think I'm pretty much set.  I'll save the definitive total till later this week because I'm sure I'll still have to pick up a thing or 2.
Here's the full breakdown in case you're interested!  Grocery Expenses 8/15/11





No comments:

Post a Comment