Thursday, August 26, 2010

Here we go!

I'm officially breaking in to the blogging world, but I must warn you of a few things!

1) I'm pretty terrible at keeping up with this sort of thing....I've still yet to post pictures from my wedding which was 2 years ago, much less any vacation since then = p
2) My writing isn't exactly riveting - I pray that our little girl gets her father's genes in that category!!

With those disclaimers out of the way, I'm hoping to to use this to keep family and friends up to date with our growing family's activities!

Come mid-November we're going to be parents....can I actually be a mom when I still feel like a kid? It's been one of those funny seasons where it seems that just about everyone around me is pregnant. 5 friends from high school, several from college, and 6 friends from Austin (plus three others that have had their babies in the past 2 months!!!). Even my Doctor is pregnant!

**Happy Birthday Colton - we're soo excited to meet you! Congrats to B.J. and Louisa too!**

Ok, so for a few quick updates:

Baby Updates:
Kinley Brooke Thompson is expected to arrive November 11th!
Where we got the name: Kinley was Trent's idea and Brooke is after Trent's sister Linde (that's her middle name!) We wanted something unique, but not too hard to spell. We were also going for family name for the middle name and I love Brooke!
Meaning: Kinley: "From the King's Meadow"

Pregnancy Updates:
I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good = ) Kinley feels like she's growing a lot this week...moving a ton! I'm thankful for sweet friends who have loaned me maternity clothes, I occassionally try to put on one of my shirts and it's laughable!

Let's hope I get more creative at this blogging thing!

1 comment:

  1. Great first post! And I love your background! I am so excited to continue reading your blog. Hopefully you will be better about updating than me.

    ReplyDelete