Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hot or Not?

Have you ever seen "How to Loose a Guy in 10 days"?  I always love the scene where Kate Hudson brings in the album showing what their child would look like.  It makes me wonder if you can actually determine what your baby will look like based on your baby pictures.  I'm sure there is some website out there that can help you predict this, but really I should be spending my baby prep time doing more worthwhile things...like finding a pediatrician, or preparing for labor.

But I can't help but wonder what little Kinley Brooke will look like...

Neither Trent nor I have many dominant traits to pass along (like brown hair or brown eyes) so she's bound to be fair skinned with lighter hair and blue or green eyes.  That much I'm pretty confident about.

....The real question is, will she be as "interesting-looking" as we were when she is born?  You see Trent and I weren't exactly small nor breathtaking when we were born.

Take me for example, I weighed a whopping 9lbs 9 oz with pale skin, a HUGE forehead and bright red hair that stuck straight up.  Not exactly your poster child or the next Gerber Baby if you will.
Yes, that's all my hair...not a shadow.  Scary, I know...


Trent on the other hand ONLY weighed 9lbs 1 oz, but he also was less than attractive.  He certainly grew into an extremely handsome man if I do say so myself, but had a humble beginning.  Too bad I don't have a picture to show exactly what I mean.  But in the words of his father...he was a cute kid after about a year or so.

So you see where I'm going...

Our precious baby girl isn't getting any help from us if she is going to be a beautiful infant.  We're expecting a very large and very pale child with possibly crazy red hair.  But we will love her none the less and I guarantee you I'll think she's the most beautiful amazing little person I've ever seen.

...or maybe 2 negatives will equal a positive and she'll be the next face on Pampers!  I guess we'll find out in about 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment