Monday, October 22, 2012

Emerson is 2 months!

2 Months old already!

This month has been filled with trying to get our little family back into some sort of routine, days of victory as a mom of 2 (and some days of defeat), sorting out Emerson's fussy spells, and a few new developments as we watch our precious baby grow!!!

Last time I posted, I mentioned that I've felt like 1 to 2 has been a bit easier than zero to 1.  I still stand by that statement, but we've had at least a couple days a week of "Oh dear Lord, help me through this day!"

Trent got to preach this past Sunday and asked the question "Does the calling God has given you require God's power"  I feel more confident than ever that being a mommy is a HUGE part of my calling (that confidence brings joy), but it's also the hardest job I've ever had.  More on that later, but I was just thankful to be reminded that yes, this is HARD, but God intends it to bring me back to my knees and recognize how I need Him to show up in our home and in my parenting!!

Emerson's Stats at 2 months:
Height: 22 1/2" (25th-50th percentile)
Weight: 10 lb 6 oz (25th percentile)
still such a little girl!!

Now let's see if I can clean out these cobwebs in my brain and remember what all has happened this past month.....
  • 5 weeks - 1st smile!!  I'll never grow tired of her precious little grin!  She smiles from ear-to-ear with this thin-lipped smile - cracks me up!
  • 6 weeks - First coo's (just little ones...she's a little bit of a pensive baby)
  • 7 weeks - Grew out of newborn clothes & newborn diapers 
  • Still doesn't like being on her tummy to hang out, but she's happy to sleep that way if we let her
  • An eye for fans:  Just like Kinley, Emerson loves watching fans!  I regularly catch her smiling at the fan...love how simple life is for her at this point!
  • Never mind acid reflux:  Yep, I was totally wrong on this one.  This entire month was spent trying to figure out what is causing Emerson to be so fussy.  I knew it wasn't colic-type fussing because she was able to be soothed.  It's just that Emerson was never ok being left alone while awake...and more than that, she'd get pretty stiff-backed and agitated.  I just kept feeling like there had to be a cause.  At about 6 weeks, I took her off the acid reflux meds we were tring and absolutely nothing changed.  Then I tried no dairy in my diet (to the best of my ability!) and again, no real change.  Now we're trying absolutely no caffeine.  This one is a hard one for me.  I just drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning and really love my moment of "me" time in that cup of coffee.  But then again, I'd do anything for Emerson.  So far that seems to be the ticket.  Still off dairy for now, seems to be a combination of the both that's been upsetting her tummy.  But then again, watch me have a totally different hypothesis by next month!
Here are some pictures from month 2



No comments:

Post a Comment