Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Emerson is 4 months

Emerson is 4 months!

We had such a fun month!  Fall is SUCH a fun time in my opinion and such a fun time in our family with birthdays and celebrations every month from October - January.  There is never a dull moment and I love it!  Emerson is growing so fast and she is changing.  She's gone from a cute petite little one to chubster baby with all these cute rolls!  And her personality is just so sweet.  She is rarely unhappy (really only when I'm not careful and eat some dairy or have caffeine).  She's constantly looking for an excuse to smile and giggle.  I keep trying to remind myself to slow down and pay attention...so many times I'll look at her and she's literally just waiting to get my attention so she can give me a big toothless grin and squeal.  It is the best!

--> Milestones this month:

Stats:
Height: 25.5" (90th percentile)
Weight:  13lb 8oz (25-50th percentile)

- Rolled over!  She rolled over on December 17th.  I actually missed it the first 2 times, but finally caught her in the act.  She hasn't been doing it consistently since and, to be truthful, I'm perfectly happy with her still staying in one place for now.

- First Thanksgiving - We got to spend time with both sides of the family both celebrating Thanksgiving and it was a whirlwind!  We spent 4 days in Waco and 4 days in Dallas.  Emerson got to hang out with her cousins for the 2nd time and meet TONS of Trent's extended family in Thanksgiving day too.  This meant she got to meet her great-grandparents (Trent's father's parents).  I'm so thankful for sweet extended family - they love on our girls like crazy!

Very steady - Emerson holds her head up well and will even stand up if we hold her hands - she's loosing all that baby wobbliness.


More established routine - I feel like I glanced up a few weeks ago and realized that I have NO clue how often Emerson sleeps or for how long...guess that's the life of being the second kid.  Either way, I started paying attention a little and it seems like at this point she naps 3-4 times a day.  I'll feed her around 6am and she goes right back to sleep till about 8:30, then naps again in the morning for a short nap (30-45min), in the afternoon for a LONG time (1-2 hrs or longer...and sometimes at the same time as Kinley...happy dance), and finally in the early evening for a short bit (30-45min).

Lots of babbling! This girl loves to hear herself talk!  She'll be coo-ing and babbling and I've noticed that if we leave the room, she gets louder - maybe she's hunting for attention =) All over the place in her sleep - We swaddled Emerson for all her naps and nighttime with the Miracle Blanket (BEST.THING.EVER) and I find that I'll put her down with her head one direction and when I come back in she's turned completely around.  Quite a feat considering she is all bundled up! (see picture below!)   -->Loves attention from big sis - Can't say the feeling is totally mutual, but this girl just CRAVES Kinley's attention.  She watched her move around and lights up when Kinley sits with her and talks to her.  Kinley isn't bothered or annoyed with her, I just don't think Emerson can keep up with Kinley's fast pace.  Once she grows a bit, I know they'll have such a blast together.  I can't wait to watch their friendship grow!!


Here are some more pictures from the month!
Cousins hanging out at Thanksgiving
Meeting Miss Caroline (her mommy and I were in each other's weddings!)


And here are the monthly pics 
(didn't take the usual pictures...giving myself some grace)

No comments:

Post a Comment