Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A very sad Goodbye

We are so sad to say goodbye to our puppy Landry.  She died on Monday, November 22  from a heart condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.  It's a condition that is pretty much undetectible, so we had no idea.  (This heart disease causes the walls of your heart to thicken so it is impossible for blood to pass through...it is what has caused famous athletes to die suddenly in the middle of a game - ex. Reggie Lewis & Hank Gathers).  The fact that it was so sudden has made our grieving pretty tough, she was just the best companion to us and we were really looking forward to her being Kinley"s little buddy.  Landry was our little clown, she always made people laugh. 

One of my very favorite things about her was her strong devotion to Trent - I always tried to watch and see when Trent was about to come home.  Our little game was that I would ask her "Where's Trent?!" and she would run to the door and just absolutely go crazy!  She loved to run out to his car and greet him.  She understood so much of what we said to her and learned tricks in a couple of days.  She was such a snuggler and even did great when we brought Kinley home. 

It's been a bit overwhelming to deal with the mix of emotions I'm feeling - new baby (HUGE joy), loosing our dog (huge sadness), getting used to a new dynamic with a baby in the house, new role as mommy, not sleeping, holidays, and the lovely post-partum emotions.  I'm thankful that I haven't felt like too much of a nutcase through it all, and I truly want to enjoy every moment with our new little girl.  It is just also so sad to loose our dog that was so precious to us.  I wanted to share some pictures with you of Landry - makes me smile and cry to look at these again  = (

At 7 weeks old - already posing for the camera

I used to take Landry to work with me - this was her eating my work = )

This one is a little fuzzy, but just to show you how much Landry wanted to be part of everything!

Landry LOVED the frisbee - even knew the word.  And she always carried her frisbee just like this

Meeting Kinley for the first time.  Right after smelling her toes, Landry laid down beside me - perfect
I have a feeling we would have had a lot more of this.  Landry loved to cuddle

We'll miss you

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad for you guys. These pictures are making me cry. I'm glad to got to love on Landry when I came by a few weeks ago. We will miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Im so sorry to hear that. She was really beautiful. Im scared to get any pets for this reason alone. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete