Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Salmon Patties

This is a recipe from my MIL's kitchen!

Salmon Patties

 I like this recipe because it's one of those you can stock and make whenever, since it's made using 2 ingredients and canned salmon (which lasts forever in the pantry!)

The ingredients:

2 6-oz cans of salmon
1 egg (not sure why I got out 2 for the picture?!)
10 saltine crackers

That's literally it =)
You can also add in some onion and bell pepper if you like.  I had frozen some from last week so I put about 2 tablespoons of chopped green bell pepper in there!

I'm a little picky when it comes to the canned salmon.  You can buy it SUPER cheap in a big tall can but it has the bones and skin included.  It. grosses. me. out.  So I spend an extra few cents and get the boneless skinless kind.

Here's what you do.  First drain the juice from the cans and dump them in a bowl
And the crackers - make sure to crumble them all up...

Then add your egg...

If you're adding green bell pepper, throw that in now too.


Then make patties, just like you would for hamburgers.  If you feel like the consistency is a little too watery, just add more crackers.  You don't want too much crackers or your patties will be very dry!  Here's what mine look like:

I make 5 patties from this amount...which is perfect for Trent and myself.  2 for me and 3 for him!

Cook them till they are nice and golden brown with a little oil on a skillet.  They take about 10 minutes (5 minutes on each side). 

And here's the final product!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment