Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 1 recap!

It's the end of my first week of trying to cook in a more frugal way.  I think I had a few successes and a few failures - the biggest success is that I'm learning!  Which really is the whole point.  Here's a quick recap:

1)  I really didn't get anywhere close to my goal of $50 - after adding a few grocery runs during the week for some last minute supplies, my total reached $70.36.  20 bucks over! I'm REALLY hoping this week's bill will be much lower!

A full breakdown of the expenses are here.

**I think for future weeks I'll add up my costs and just list my total at the end of the week.

2)  Too many days of beans in a row won't satisfy a hungry man!  My hopes of cooking rice and beans went out the window on Sunday - when Trent kindly asked what other options we had, I got the hint and we picked up some frozen pizza's instead!

3)  I think that there's a lot that the Lord is wanting to teach me through this process.  I'm learning and listening and can't wait to share more with you on this later.

Week #1 done - on to week 2!

I hope if you're reading this, you're enjoying what I have to say...

I love feedback, so if you feel so inclined, leave me a note!  

Thanks for sweet friends that have sent me cheap meal ideas!!!  I can't wait to incorporate them and learn from all of you who've mastered the art of frugal cooking = )

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried making a quiche!? You can throw anything in it and it is pretty easy to make! A bag of frozen veggies, eggs and you are good to go! Leftover fresh veggies are good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas!! we are trying to do frugal and healthy! its def a hard thing!!

    ReplyDelete